Continuing with my experimentation, I decided to attack the coiled basket form. I was very intimidated by the absolutely wonderful baskets I saw at the Chemehuevi and Colorado River Indian Tribes Reservations, so this style of weaving was one that I needed to stew on before attempting. Not surprisingly, my first 2 starts were failures. For the first, I split an HDMI cable to remove the wire-wrapped core. I ended up with 2 strips of plastic and the core itself. With these I tried to start the coil. It ended up being too thick, so I had to deconstruct the cable even more. From that point, I split the two plastic strips into 4, and stripped the braided wire away from the plastic insulation. At this point I realized I was getting a lot of material from one cable - 6 lengths of basket warp from each. Attempt number 2 (the coil on the left) was a failure only because I did not weave as intricately as I needed to from the start. The coil on the right is the one I'll keep working on today... The alternating stitching at the basket core is correct on that one.